Friday, June 26, 2009

Run, Run, Run... colapse!

I went for a long run with my friend Marci yesterday. She is training for the St. George marathon and needed a running partner for 10 miles. I had run 13 the week before on a very steep course so I thought that I could handle 10 around the neighborhood. I made it 9 and told her to finish the last one without me. Then all day I felt like I had been run over by a semi! Bryan let me take a nap in the afternoon, but even that didn't help. Finally as I was driving home from Costco at 7:30 at night I had a realization, "I am sick!!!" I realized that I felt so horrible because I had a fever and the flu! I've never been so grateful for the flu. I thought that I was going to have to give up running with Marci. Funny how moms just continue on with life even when they are physically spent. I am taking it easy today and having a pajama day. I do have to take my kids by myself to a swim meet at 7:00a.m. tomorrow, so I need the break today.

1 comment:

  1. oh my!! 10 miles is a long way...one day I'll run with you again!! You are like energizer bunny! I'm glad you are over the flu. you have a very cute blog!! thanks for sharing with me!

    ReplyDelete